Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reverse Harem Manga

Reverse Harem is where a collection of males are lead by a woman. For example, three men, that gather around one central, female character. 

These are my favorites so far.  (Not listed in a certain order.)

 1. S.L.H by Shouoto Aya
On the eve of her sixteenth birthday, Kozue Hiyoki is visited in her dreams by a man who steals her heart- literally! Determined to find him and retrieve her stolen heart, Hiyoki, with the color of the man’s hair and the tattoo on his chest as her only leads, enrolls in the S-Hall dormitories of St. Nazareth Academy, but quickly realizes that its residents are not at all like she expected… For starters, they’re all guys!  
There, Hiyoki soon discovers that she has the ability to look inside her dorm-mates’ dreams, which may be the key to uncovering the identity of the thief who stole her heart…. But perhaps her biggest challenge is that most of the guys won’t let Hiyoki into their rooms, much less their hearts!

Comment: This manga is pretty good. I enjoy reading it once I got passed the long introduction when the manga began. It doesn't start off slow, but it is a lot of reading for a manga. S.L.H is only 5 Volumes long too. I'm currently still reading it since the translators only updated to Volume 4 Chapter 16. I love reading reverse harems because I love choosing who I like best. & In this manga, I love Kuga Reizei.


2.  Heart no Kuni no Alice  by Quinrose & Hoshino Soumei
16 The girly but bloody otome game re-imagining of Lewis Carroll's classic fantasy novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with bishounen characters and added romance. 
A parody of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland where Alice is smart and non-doormatlike. 
In this story, Alice is not all what she seems. She is practical, strong, yet darkly cynical. Instead of the traditional story, Alice is kidnapped unwillingly by a mysterious ( yet somewhat bishie-looking ) man with bunny ears into a place called Heartland. Stuck in Heartland due to a trick by the mysterious bunny eared man, she meets the residents of this world. Along the way, Alice meets Blood, handsome mafia leader; Ace, the psycho yet charming knight and more..What should Alice do in such a world?
Comments: I really enjoy this book. The Alice in this manga is great. I adore her! & the people of the Heartland have they're twisted ways. The personalities are really different from the original Alice in Wonderland. I love it. My favorite would be Julius.  && This is a completed series. 



3. Barajou No Kiss by Shouoto Aya 
Most girls are crazy about jewelry, but not Anis Yamamoto. Not since her father gave her a rose choker as a child, claiming it was a protective amulet which would safeguard her from harm; however, if she ever took it off (a feat easier said than done!), she would be afflicted by a “punishment” of some sort. Not like it matters to her though, since the attention it attracts around school from faculty and students alike isn’t something she’s particularly fond of.

But after a certain incident causes the choker to disappear, she realizes that this punishment her father spoke of might have been a bit more than she bargained for!
Comments: This manga is what got me into reverse harem. Very anxious for the next chapters. I love it, some people gave it bad reviews because of the story line but I didn't have a problem with it. I understood fine with what the author was trying to do. Only thing you would complain about is that its not original. It's sorta like a steal from Cardcaptors Sakura. Only the fact that she summons the "Knights" when she kiss's the cards. I personally love this manga, I see the romance and the fact that they're trying to seal off the portal of the Devil is interesting. Choosing a guy? I'd pick Mutsuki. 


4.  Houou Gakuen Misoragumi by Aki Arata 
Kei is a girl who's only interested in other girls! However, tricked by her mother, she enrolled in an all boys school, thinking that she'd be able to make her high school debut at a co-ed school. To normal girls, being surrounded with hot guys at an all boys school might be heaven, but to Kei, this is hell! What is Kei to do at this place without any other girls, where she has to try her best to keep her real identity a secret?

Comments: At first I was sort of skeptical about this manga. But it's okay. The girl in this manga looks definitely like a guy. You can not tell if she's a girl or not.. Which disturbs me. I'm only reading this manga because I'm interested in if she falls for a guy later on and I have my eyes set on the big guy that joins the group.   

5. Will O' Wisp by Otomate and Onodera Saiko
 Based on the Victorian-goth otome girl's game.

Hannah inherited her grandfather’s ability to make “elemental dolls,” but he forbade her to do that after she made her first doll, her maid Emily. After he died however, Hannah discovered a
strange male “elemental doll” called Will in the basement of
her grandfather’s workshop. Who made Will and for what
purpose? Why is he calling her “master” and are there others like him? These are only a few of the mysteries Hannah has to
solve.
Comments: I like this enough to have interest in it. The fact that she can make living dolls is cool. I don't see any romance yet because I haven't seen any updates for a while now.. since 2010.. I'm not sure if they dropped it, but I hope they continue this manga. It's pretty good so far. 

6.  Uta no Prince-sama by Yukihiro Utako 
 A tie-in manga for the otome dating game simulation by the same title:

Nanami Haruka wants to be a song writer, so she attends an idol training school filled with beautiful bishounen. The school pairs each aspiring songwriter with an aspiring idol, but Haruka finds herself paired with 3 idols! To make things more difficult, Nanami is also not allowed to date any of her beautiful partners!

Comment: I'm not completely sure about this manga yet. Especially since they haven't updated in a while either. But it has potential. So I'm just waiting for it to update. 




I just started reading this genre of manga so I don't have much recommendations. I'll update when I finish reading other ones. :P 

2 comments:

  1. ~Dont make me throw a cookie at you.~May 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM

    Uta no Prince-sama is a really good Anime. Manga is okay. But in the anime you care actually hear them singing and stuff. It really has my attention fully. You should watch it ^-^ one of my favorite animes. There's a third season of it coming out soon this month or next month of the anime of it. ^-^ ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~Dont make me throw a cookie at you.~May 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM

    I meant can not care. And also i bet you already watched the anime. T^T lol

    ReplyDelete